To mark International Scottish Gin Day® (ISGD), we are calling all bartenders and mixologists to create a Rock Rose Gin cocktail to celebrate! You and your bar can WIN GIN.
ISGD is the brainchild of The Gin Cooperative and Rock Rose Gin is delighted t be a supporter of the event.
Rock Rose Gin, made in Caithness using local botanicals, is a multi-award winning spirit which captures the essence of the beautiful coastline and sustainable Distillery where it is created. The winning cocktails will reflect this sense of place.
The shortlist will be selected by a distinguished judging panel including a member of the SLTN team; Martin & Natalie Reid, of The Gin Cooperative, organisers of International Scottish Gin Day; Martin & Claire Murray, owners of Rock Rose Gin; John Bagnall, Rock Rose Gin’s very own Brand Ambassador; and a representative from Global Brands.
Two winners shall be chosen. From the shortlist decided by the judging panel, one winner – The Judges’ Winner – will be selected. From the same shortlist, selected by the judges, the public will choose The Consumers’ Choice Winner.
All entries will be displayed in the gallery. The finalists will be displayed on The Voting Page, by 23 September and the shortlisted candidates notified. The voting period shall open from 12 noon on 2nd October, International Scottish Gin Day, and close on 16th October, 12 noon. Finalists will be invited to share their success on social media and encourage the public to vote on their entry. Every vote counts for The Consumers’ Choice Winner so encourage your customers to vote for you and for your venue.
The two winners shall receive 6 collectable and unique bottles from the Rock Rose Gin distillery. PLUS their bar will receive a case of Rock Rose Gin too! If the same mixologist wins both votes, they will receive both prizes as will their bar or venue. The other bartenders on the shortlist will each receive a bottle of Rock Rose Gin.
To enter, post your cocktail image and original recipe on social media using the Rock Rose gins, tagging your venue and #RRGCocktail and #ISGD.
To be eligible for entry, the original recipe and method MUST be included in the comments, and the photo MUST include a Rock Rose Gin bottle.
Closing date 12 noon on 20 September 2021.
Terms & Conditions
Entrants must be over 18, work in the on-trade and have a UK address.
- The judging panel will decide a shortlist, from which they will choose one winner (Judges’ Winner) and the online public will choose one winner (Consumers’ Choice Winner). No cash alternative will be given.
- Winners Prize: 6 collectable and unique bottles of spirits from the Rock Rose Distillery. The winner’s bar will also win 6 bottles of Rock Rose Gin.
- Call for entries closes 12 noon, 20 September 2021.
- Entries submitted using the hashtag method MUST ensure the correct hashtags are used. The correct hashtags are #RRGCocktail and #ISGD
- Dunnet Bay Distillers Ltd does not accept liability for non-included entries that have the incorrect or no hashtag.
- Entry images MUST include a Rock Rose Gin bottle.
- The recipe and method MUST be included in the text.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The entry must be your original work. Dunnet Bay Distillers Ltd does not accept responsibility for unlawfully reproduced cocktails.
- Dunnet Bay Distillers Ltd together with the Judging Panel will make the final decision about the shortlist and the Judges’ Winner. Our decision will be final. No further correspondence will be entered into.
- In event of a tie in the Consumers’ Choice Voting, the final decision will be made by The Judging Panel.
- Voting period for the Consumers’ Choice Winner will begin on 2nd October, International Scottish Gin Day, at 12 noon.
- Voting period for Consumers’ Choice Winner will end at 12 noon on 16th October
- Winners shall be notified at the end of October.
- By entering your cocktail, you grant Dunnet Bay Distillers Ltd the right to reproduce it – including the image(s), for any purpose at any time in any media with attribution.
- By entering, the winners consent to the use of their cocktail, image, name and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by Dunnet Bay Distillers Ltd, without further compensation.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or any other third party.
- You must be a professional bartender currently working in a bar or other venue.
- Only one entry per person may be made.