A delicious cocktail using Rock Rose Gin Summer Edition. The Thai Gin Fizz is an exotic cocktail recipe. This is a twist on the traditional gin fizz but with heat from a home-made galangal or ginger syrup. It’s the perfect sundowner, whether you find yourself in Thailand or in Caithness, where Rock Rose Gin is made, or anywhere in between. The Thai Gin Fizz is a long and refreshing drink with ‘bite’ that is perfect for late summer evenings.
- 50ml Rock Rose Gin Summer Edition
- 25ml Lime juice
- 25ml Sugar syrup simmered with lemongrass and galangal for 10 minutes then left to cool
- 1 Fresh lime leaf
- Soda water to top up
- Garnish: Desiccated coconut mixed with chilli powder to coat rim of glass and a whole fresh chilli (optional)
Rock Rose Gin Summer Edition
- Coat the rim of a Collins glass with sugar syrup then dip into the chilli and coconut to coat the rim
- Add the gin, sugar syrup, lime juice and lime leaf to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake
- Pour into the glass over ice, then top with soda water
- Garnish with a chilli, fresh lime and edible leaves
You can use ginger if you can’t get galangal. Make a bigger batch of the syrup so you can use it again.