Rock Rose Gin is sharing the love. We recently invited top bartenders to express their creativity by concocting cocktails that perfectly represented our fine Scottish gin, brimming with botanicals and made with love.
A cocktail called ‘Mo Chridhe My Heart’ was a runaway winner. It’s seductively red, and so what better than My Heart as your Valentine’s Day cocktail recipe 2022?
To give it its Scots Gaelic name of Mo Chridhe this delicious tipple is from a recipe by talented bartender Ross Lawrie from one of the UK’s top venues, the Orchid Cocktail Bar in Aberdeen. In devising this recipe, he celebrates not only Scottish Gin but Scottish seaweed too: it’s a taste of the pristine British coastline from the most northerly mainland distillery in the UK.
Roses for Valentine’s Day are a bit of a cliché. But ROCK ROSE… now there’s a different take on the theme.
Love and enjoy…
- 45ml Rock Rose Gin
- Half a ripe pear (cubed)
- Handful of raspberries
- 25ml Lemon Juice (or to taste)
- 20ml Sugar Syrup (or to taste)
- Small pinch of Scottish Seaweed (i.e Mara)
- Garnish: fresh rosemary
Rock Rose Gin
- Muddle the pear and raspberry in a cocktail shaker
- Add all the other ingredients and vigorously shake for 10-12 seconds
- Strain into a highball glass and top with ice and soda
- Small pinch of Scottish Seaweed – we used Mara
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig
Credits: Recipe and photography by talented Aberdeen bartender Ross Lawrie from one of the UK’s top venues, the Orchid Cocktail Bar in Aberdeen.